Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Joy Of Deciding What Is Useful And What Is Useless

I have been thinking for quite sometime about the position of "USEFUL" and "USELESS".

Reflecting:
When I was preparing to do well in my career;
when I was courting;
when I was nurturing my children;
when I was making a switch in my career path;
each situation required a specific choice regarding what was "USEFUL" and "USELESS".

While the words remained the same, the activities I chose were radically different.

"USELESS" or "USEFUL" depended on what served my purpose at that particular situation.

Now that I see this contextual relationship between "USELESS" or "USEFUL",  I am able to read the personal context when I hear people dismissing others' preoccupation as "USELESS" or approving it as "USEFUL".

Presently, semi-retired with the luxury to do "USELESS" stuff, I can see the joy and relevance of a particular activity!

And this video came along. And it delights me exceedingly!


No comments:

Post a Comment