Sunday, September 27, 2015

Johnny Mathis: Live Request

HAPPENSTANCE.

HAPPENSTANCE is how Johnny Mathis describes his musical career in an interview.

As I listen deeper into the interview, I realise that HAPPENSTANCE is richer than that it just happens.

Johnny Mathis prepares with work. Intelligent work. Hard work. Consistent work. Plus he works with people good in what they do.

And things fall into place for him.

I see serendipity (happy accidents).

I see synchronicity (natural unplanned events happening in different places and different times falling into place to bring the blessings to the unexpected moment).

I see these entering into his awareness of others' influences and contributions.

HAPPENSTANCE is that all-embracing beautiful inclusive word.

In this video, I can see why Johnny Mathis keeps entertaining a worldwide audience for over three generations.

His selection of songs is tuneful; the themes in his songs are heartfelt and meaning-rich; his voice is a magnificent instrument; his person is sensitive; his back-up team is professional and talented. 

And there is himself a charming gifted musician.

A Certain Smile got me enraptured at sixteen.

I am appreciative that at seventy-two, the magic of his music still enthrals me.



No comments:

Post a Comment